Rosemary & Lemon Green Beans
1/2 lb green beans, ends trimmed
1 tbsp lemon-olive oil, homemade or store-bought, or plain extra-virgin olive oil
1 lemon, zested
2 cups extra-virgin olive oil
1 sprig fresh rosemary
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1/2 pickled lemon, optional
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. Slip in the beans and cook until bright green and crisp-tender.
3. Remove the beans to an ice bath to shock, then drain and pat dry with paper towels.
4. Gently heat the olive oil, rosemary, and garlic slices in a large, deep skillet over low heat until very fragrant, 4 to 5 minutes.
5. Remove the rosemary sprig, raise the heat to medium-high, and add the string beans.
6. Toss to coat with the rosemary-lemon scented oil until the beans are heated through.
7. Season with pickled lemon, salt and pepper.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature, enjoy!
Lemon-Infused Olive Oil:
Put the lemon zest in a small pot and pour in 2 cups extra-virgin olive oil. Place over low heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool completely and transfer to a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Keep tightly sealed at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Click below to watch the cooking video: